In case you missed it, SIC-1 is coming to Steam (trailer above; launch date TBD):
This update on itch.io is a preview of some of the changes I'm making to fully realize my vision for SIC-1, including:
- Updated design
- Improved Program Inventory
- New mail viewer (for perusing old mail from your boss)
- Sound effects
- In-game reference manuals
If you're looking for new puzzles, this update does not contain any. Sorry! :)
For anyone curious about the Steam release, note that you can add it to your wishlist to get notified when the game is released. Additionally, if you're interested in beta-testing the Steam release (at some point in the future--it's not quite ready yet), send me an email at email@example.com .
For the record, here's what I have implemented for Steam so far:
- Functional Windows desktop build, based on WebView2 (Chrome)
- Steam Cloud integration for syncing state between computers
- Friend leaderboards
And here's what's still on my to-do list:
- Steam achievements
- More music
- A new narrative
- And possibly a mini-game and/or some new puzzles
Hope you enjoy the update! If you run into trouble, leave a comment here or on the main game page. Thanks!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.